Senseï Krabob put it this way : "Karate is a demo Script engine used to run demo on a lot of amiga, from
68030 aga with no FPU to 68060 or UAE amiga with Cybergraphics. It uses
simple text scripts to define the whole demo. It's xml-HTML like."
Karate is a powerful demo making engine. Features are :
- Easy to write, easy to learn, easy to master,
- Manipulation of sprites (with datatype support) and animation,
- Easy transparency effects, using simple color remapping tables,
- 2D Texture Matrix transformations (twirl, warper, tunnel, ground & ceiling ...),
- Blurring effects,
- Scrolltexts (vertical or horizontal),
- Modules in P61 (for real classic Amigas, or good emulator) or DigiBoosterPro (for all system through AHI, using dbplayer.library, which allows synchonisation between viewing and listening pleasure),
- Animation of simple built-in 3D objects (Sphere, Torus, Cube, Stars) and sophisticated Lightwave objects & scenes.
Karate can be found at
you can also check
[http://www.M4nkind.com] for hints
about the soon-to-be-released updates.
If you are not cocky enought to download karate from its homepage, we provide direct downloads just there :
[Download Karate 1.2 from K-Fighter.net] and [Download DevKit from K-Fighter.net]
[Local Direct Karate Download] and [Local Direct DevKit Download].
We also provide usefull stuff :
- [Krun] a small utility to run (and somewhat debug using a frame counter) your scripts,
- [Klauncher] a small and easy-to-configure launcher,
- [Commands1.00.guide] an AmigaGuide summing up all Karate v1.00 commands [ReadMe].